Care & Repair’s main service is the adaptation and repair of our client’s homes. We offer a ‘holistic’ service which means that we try to help clients in all aspects of their lives including ensuring they are receiving all the benefits that they are entitled to and to help them in both the social and personal aspect.
These adaptations can help our clients to not only access their bathing and toilet facilities but also in some instances to access their homes safely.
- Level access showers
- Door widening
- Lifts and hoists
The repairs available can ensure a home is safe and secure enough for a client to remain living there.
Examples of repair work which will be considered are:
- Roof repairs
- Damp proofing
Services offered by Care & Repair include:
- Assess and identify works required and project manage through to sign off
- Benefits checks to ensure our clients are getting all of the benefits to which they may be entitled to
- Help to find funding to pay for the work
- Assistance with completing applications for council grants and loans
- Supervising and monitoring commissioned work contracts
- Advice on home energy efficiency and home security
- Making referrals to other organisations which may be able to assist with other needs
- Assistance with planning permission and building regulations
- Sourcing, vetting and instructing contractors
What is included in our service?
We provide a ‘holistic’ service. This means we try to help clients not just in relation to specific works they have in mind, but also in relation to other work, intervention or assistance which they would benefit from. This can include signposting to other organisations who can assist in areas that we can’t.