In Care and Repair we have our own Integrated Housing Adaptations Team (IHAT), who work in partnership with Social Services, Occupational Therapists and Assistant Practitioners, to offer a fully integrated and efficient service from start to finish.
All clients accessing our service will be provided with a dedicated Client Officer who will be on hand at every step of the process. The Client Officer will be there from the initial home visit, and will be available throughout the whole case.
The Client Officer will:
- Act as a main point of contact for clients, keeping them up-to-date on progress and sorting any queries or issues which clients may have during the process.
- Make the initial home visit to discuss the client’s needs
- Help to identify how works can be financed
- Check to see if clients are claiming all the benefits they may be entitled to
- Help to complete and submit applications for Local Authority grants and loans
- Search for other possible sources of finance e.g. from benevolent societies
- Make referrals to other organisations which may be able to help with other needs which a client may have
- Arrange for the contractors to be paid for their work
A Technical Officer or an Occupational Therapist will also be involved in the process to ensure the best outcome for the client and their home. In the majority of cases our Technical team will conduct an initial visit, draw up the plans, assign a contractor and carry out a final inspection once the works are completed.
For more information please refer to our Process Map
Our Mission Statement:
“To achieve excellence in our delivery of services to older, vulnerable people and people with disabilities, ensuring they live independently in their own homes in a healthy, safe and secure environment for as long as possible. We aim to be pioneering in our approach, working in an integrated way allowing clients easier access across public services.”