Our handyperson service can complete minor works, adaptations and provide equipment to assist west Norfolk residents with a disability or debilitating health issue, to remain living in their homes for longer. Works carried out by the handyperson service aim to reduce the likelihood of falls, and help support people with their day to day living and independence. These include:
- Grab rails, support rails and stair rails
- Smoke or carbon monoxide alarms
- Energy saving light bulbs
- Installation of lever taps and flush handles
- Furniture raisers
- Door reversal
- Equipment including half steps, bath boards, w.c frames and perching stools
- Low level dementia measures
- Thumb turns, key safes and door chains
- Concrete steps and galvanised hand rails
- Push button stopcock
- Battery operated security lighting
A prevention grant of up to £300 per household may be available for works under the handyperson service. For more information please contact us on 01553 616200.
To make a referral into our handyperson service please use the form below:Make a Handyperson Referral
As part of the Borough Council of King’s Lynn & West Norfolk you are assured of a quality service by staff who are highly trained and have undergone police security checks. Our Visiting Officers are all Trusted Assessors and have been trained by the Disabled Living Foundation. They have also undergone dementia training and are ‘dementia friends’.