Care & Repair offer a range of services to help ensure our clients homes continue to meet their needs, enabling them to remain living independently for longer. These include adaptations and repairs and also a handyperson service.
Adaptations and repairs service
Our adaptation service can help clients to not only access their bathing and toilet facilities but also to access their homes safely.
- Level access showers
- Door widening
- Lifts and hoists
The repairs available can ensure a home is safe and secure enough for clients to remain living there.
Examples of repair work which will be considered are:
- Roof repairs
- Damp proofing
Care & Repair will assist with:
- Assessing and identifying works required and project managing through to sign off
- Benefits checks to ensure our clients are getting all of the benefits to which they may be entitled to
- Help to find funding to pay for the work
- Completing applications for council grants and loans
- Supervising and monitoring commissioned work contracts
- Advice on home energy efficiency and home security
- Referrals to other organisations which may be able to assist with other needs
- Planning permission and building regulations
- Sourcing, vetting and instructing contractors
The handyperson service can complete minor works, adaptations and provide equipment to assist west Norfolk residents with a disability or debilitating health issue, to remain living in their homes for longer. Works carried out by the handyperson service aim to reduce the likelihood of falls, and help support people with their day to day living and independence. These include:
- Fitting of grab rails or bannisters
- Fitting smoke and carbon monoxide alarms
- Fitting lever taps and flushers
- Providing equipment such as bed rails, bath boards and perching stools
- Half steps
A prevention grant of up to £300 per household may be available for works under the handyperson service. For more information including a full list of works and eligibility criteria please click here.
What is included in our service?
We provide a ‘holistic’ service. This means we try to help clients not just in relation to specific works they have in mind, but also in relation to other work, intervention or assistance which they would benefit from. This can include signposting to other organisations who can assist in areas that we can’t.
Careline Community Services
Our partner agency Careline Community Service can also offer support by providing the following services;
- Careline personal alarms and pendants
- Assistive technology
- Key safes
- Dementia friendly homes assessments
To find out more or to check which services are available in your area please contact the Careline Community Service team on 01553 616200 or visit the website at www.careline-cs.org.uk